Sunday, May 27, 2007

Gathering With Old Friends

After long organising for this gathering, finally I met my old friends. The last meeting with this group of old friends was during one of their wedding dinner, that was more than two years ago. My god, time just passes like this, and here we are again, 4 guys plus one lady, that's me, had lunch again after such long time.

We talked about our recent update, our jobs and old time story. Nothing much change for most of us except one of them married and the other with his next generation. The meeting was not very long but at least I finally managed to meet his little baby girl.

The little baby girl just woke up so can't make her smile........... It is great to meet old friends at least once a year.

After that, I went to watch Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End.

In the follow-up to PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST, we find our heroes Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) allied with Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) in a desperate quest to free Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) from his mind-bending trap in Davy Jones' locker - while the terrifying ghost ship, The Flying Dutchman and Davy Jones, under the control of the East India Trading Company, wreaks havoc across the Seven Seas. Navigating through treachery, betrayal and wild waters, they must forge their way to exotic Singapore and confront the cunning Chinese Pirate Sao Feng (Chow Yun-Fat).
Director: Gore Verbinski
Main Cast: Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Chow Yun Fat
Genre: Action/ Adventure
Running Time: 170 minutes

My Rate: ***

I feel............. nowsaday is it a norm that the movie is so long? Almost 3hrs in the theatre, sitting at 5th row watching this movie is not the very good choice. Thanks god I had popcorn with me to go thr the whole movie, guess it was not as nice as I expected. That's why I feel the time is clicking.
I don't quite like the storyline, which made this just an enternainment movie to me only. There are so funny parts that made me laugh, haha.

No comments: